- My not-so-new part time job editing a magazine
- Finding another lesbian couple who live just down the road from us here in the heartland of Brisbane suburbia - interesting academics, and it's very lovely to have neighbours.
- The weather - spectacular thunderstorm yesterday evening after days of heat, while eating dinner on the deck of aforementioned new friends (in the analytical aftermath of which I decided I needed to establish this list of alternative topics).
- Our new car - tangentially related to babies as we needed to get a family wagon and now have a very fancy Subaru Forester. L is in love - she looks back at it fondly as she walks away from it, clicking that remote door controller thing.
- Our fledgling vegie garden, take two - the first version was razed by possums within 12 hours of planting but we have slung mosquito net over the second effort and it seems to be doing the trick.
- Choir, very fun new hobby
- Writing a proposal for the attorney-general to recognise same-sex parents as legal parents - going slowly but I have a Thursday deadline so I'll get back to you
- Many delicious new meals discovered, and some duds (chicken pastitsio I'm talking about YOU), due to my ongoing commitment to planning meals a week ahead and then buying everything I need on my weekly trip to the funky West End markets (and groceries from an internet home delivery service, a new discovery and one of the perks of living in a city). I won't talk about this too much as it does somewhat confirm my emerging identity as a housewife and I don't want to scare people.
- Reading many books. Have just discovered Kerry Greenwood at the local library, who is perfect for my current state - usually collapsed on the couch. And I do love her evocations of Melbourne.
Hmm...upon reflection none of them seem mindblowingly fascinating (except perhaps the attorney general) but remind me to tell you about our first hypnobirthing class, which was NOT a success.
But yesterday C came to lunch and over frittata and salad we practised folding nappies.