Thursday, July 10, 2008

The snot edition

Cant talk now. for some reason this is in bold, sorry. we all have colds here except lovergirl. everytime i pick up a baby i get snail trails of baby snot all over my clothes. poor buggers cant sleep, they keep waking themselves up. only way to get some peace is sit holding them. my only baby free time is 7-10pm so I'm not so thrilled with current state of affairs. although i know my only concern should be for their comfort i must confess to a smidgen of impatience. I'VE got a snotty nose too, you know.

thought i'd do this meme from thirdcat

What was I doing 10 years ago?

30th birthday - group holiday at daylesford with about ten friends. I made everyone a poster telling them what i liked about them, with crayon illustrations and sparkles. Years later I would still see them stuck up on people's toilet walls.

Five snacks I enjoy in a perfect, non weight-gaining world:

potato chips - plain; flavours are an aberration.

chocolate, also plain & dark. White chocolate is waste of good chocolate space.

In a perfect world, that'd be about it.

Five snacks I enjoy in the real world :

popcorn

bananans

hardboiled eggs

last night's leftovers

plain potato chips

cheese on toast

and chocolate

(I'm allowed more than five as I'm breastfeeding)


Five things I would do if I were a billionaire:

Hire a nanny who would do all the crap work while LG & I played with the kids. Also one could hold one baby while I held the other, if both were crying at the same time. I hate not being able to comfort both at once.

Hire two nannies to hold the babies when they are sick and can't sleep

Make films

Live in Italy for a year

Buy a comfy house with a council-approved toilet on a big property near a beautiful lake; fly my family up to visit me regularly (I'd say build them a little place of their own on the property but I think Lovergirl might have something to say about that)

Five jobs that I have had:

petrol pump attendant

paper delivery girl

the person who assesses whether you are mad and need to go to the psych hospital

kids' improvisational drama teacher

freelance writer (i like saying that)

Three of my habits:

reading blogs

cooking gorgeous food

leaving kitchen in a mess after cooking gorgeous food

Five places I have lived:

Altona (Melbourne) - childhood home
Preston/Thornbury (Melbourne) - typical lesbian, lived with every girlfriend after 2 dates
Northern NSW
Geraldton
Brisbane

Five people I want to get to know better

Well, that's another thing about me - I hate passing these things on. Because, you know, I'll suggest five people, and they won't do it, and that'll be a kind of rejection, won't it?

No comments: