Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 4 - Sat

Darling heart,

Sorry I didn't write last night - I fell asleep while I was putting the babies to sleep, at 7.30! Slept til 2.19am when Pearl woke up looking for you. Not upset; more imperious. Like, 'Okay Mummy L, I've had just about enough of this nonsense. Stop mucking around now and reveal yourself this instant!' We checked through the house looking for you and I explained where you were and she went back to sleep with no fuss. I don't think she fully wakes up; I think she's just used to having you there.

Then we all slept til 6a.m, bliss!

They are having their midday nap right now. Louis is in  my arms. I don't feel like now is the time to reinforce his sleeping habits - whatever gets me through is my motto. It just means I can't do the list of tasks I'm accumulating, the one entitled: 'Things to do while kids are asleep.'

Yesterday Granny came with us to our swimming lesson. Pearl went with her and I took Louis. In the afternoon we had our lesbian mums picnic. Our two are really reaching that age where, if there's a bunch of kids around, they just join the tribe and run with it. It's very sweet to watch - our kids, off playing with the big kids!

Granny's just arrived now...

No comments: