Sunday, February 25, 2007

Thank god you're still here!

I haven't gotten organised enough to take any photos yet, so here is a file photo, as they say, from a holiday two years ago with Dad.

It's 3.30 am. I had a few glasses of wine last night, which gives me early morning insomnia, reliable as the Religious Right bleating about Family Values. So I've finally found a moment to blog. We've been unpacking for a week now and I think we're basically in. There's a large pile of op shop stuff in one corner of the lounge room, our third such pile. Lovergirl is prosaic while I am a bowerbird - she ruthlessly clears out drawers while I totter along behind, rescuing items on the 'to go' pile and struggling to find places for them in our tiny flat.

Pleasing things about Brisbane so far:
- Early morning walks along the river
- Riding my bike to work
- Living in a house with internal walls means when i get insomnia I can get out of bed and put the light on in the entirely separate loungeroom instead of lying stiffly in bed willing myself back to sleep
- Public transport (the terrible Courier Mail is filled with stories of how bad it is, but that hasn't been my experience yet)
- TONS of work
- Walking to the fortnightly farmers' market yesterday morning
- Living near a little shopping village - walking down to get supplies for dinner each day
- We're getting BROADBAND! It's not connected yet but I can't tell you how excited I am by that.
- It's four o'clock in the morning and there are other people awake - I can hear two men laughing and talking in the flat below.
- There are gay boys & dykes everywhere!

Must go now and see what's happening on all my regular blog-haunts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Broadband rocks. It's a bit of a trap though, and I'm thinking of upgrading to the next package. I run out of whatevers about half way through the month and my downloads get shaped. Whatever that means.

Good luck with that whole negotiating the hoarder versus the other one.