Monday, June 19, 2006

Babykiller


The naturopath has just rung. Apparently my blood tested really highly for antibodies to sperm. My body kills sperm! which is why I have not been getting pregnant. This is very bad news apparently, and difficult to fix with natural therapies - it means the only way I can get pregnant is through an IVF procedure called ICSI, where they inject the sperm directly into the egg. Amanda said, 'We can try and do some things to get your immune response to sperm down, which sometimes works, but honestly, yours is very high. It tested high for killing both the head and the tail of the sperm. It doesn't look good.'

So there you go. I really AM infertile.

Strange. I feel kind of neutral about it. Maybe because, having not gotten pregnant for a year and a half, I was kind of assuming I was infertile anyway. Now I just have a reason.


No comments: