Saturday, June 24, 2006

Waiting Waiting

It's all feeling a bit hard at the moment. It's been raining for a week and we have another week to wait until we know whether or not Lovergirl's eggs have embedded themselves in the wall of her uterus. I'm trying not to think about it. It's like ignoring the elephant in the middle of the room. In this case, the elephant is jumping up and down, doing the can-can and whistling.

Lovergirl is not supposed to get too hot, too cold, too stressed or emotional, do anything physically exerting or have sex until she knows. It's kinda stressful just maintaining that completely artificial state of affairs.

I'm still finding it difficult to decide whether to be hopeful and positive, or steel myself against letdown. Lovergirl and I are a bit crabby with each other at the moment. She's still injecting herself with hormones and taking other stuff, as well as the small piles of naturopath pills. I don't have an excuse for my crabbiness, just, well, it's very intrusive and wearing. I feel like my whole life is taken up with insemination stuff.

I suppose it's practice for having a child...

In other news, Chris, the communications officer where I work in Brisbane, and I have had a brilliant business idea. I can't tell you what it is as it would be very easy to copy, but I'm very excited about it. We're writing up business plans and going to see a business coach about it once that's done.

I need to coax Chris to come and live down here so we can set it up here - I'd much rather do that than move to Brisbane


No comments: