It's funny, how your mind leaps ahead.
For one week, we knew we were pregnant.
Pictures in my mind:
- Telling Mum at Christmas and how beside herself with delight she'd be. I was going to get her a card, you know, one of those ones that says 'Merry Christmas Grandma,' and give her a flight up to visit the new baby after next August, as a present;
- A working bee to transform the current bathroom into the baby's room;
- Making a quilt for the cot with some bright thick silk kimono offcuts I bought specially in Cairns last week;
- Working out the budget - how I was going to support my wife & child - I'd need to stop travelling, it'd be tight but we'd be okay;
- And of course, all the things we need to do to child-proof the house...
Now - blood everywhere.