Friday, May 16, 2008

Could it be a faded rose from days gone by?

Unfortunately Junior and Lucky seem to have developed an affection for country and western songs, sung badly by mummys in a thick drawl. Lucky's current favorite is 'Delta Dawn' while Junior likes 'These Boots are Made for Walkin'. Strange - nursery rhymes don't have the same effect (hysterical giggling), and neither do the lovely African lullabies I'm learning in choir.

Actually I hate country and western music. So early, they learn to rebel.

2 comments:

JahTeh said...

Have you ever met a mother with baby who sleeps to Mozart? This is supposed to do all sort of magical things to their brain development but I've never found a baby yet that would give up bawling to listen.

Stegetronium said...

Huh! Several mothers have told me they always read their babies a story before a sleep, which I don't understand - mine are crying right up until they drop off, so I can't get a word in.